Over the course of 2021 we will be renovating and moving into our new facility at 5200 E. 31st Street South in Wichita. The space is fantastic, with plenty of parking and almost 18,000 functional square feet! When we come back together again in-person, we are so excited to see what new possibilities for the life of the congregation will arise!
We will use this page to keep you informed of progress on the project. We will include pictures, video, and add new information as it becomes available. Check back often! Right now we are making arrangements to move furnishings and equipment into the new space so that the office is functional there. We are also interviewing architects.
- March 1, 2021: The facilities team has met with two architectural firms. We have requested proposals for the renovation project from each of them. A moving date has been scheduled for March, 2021.
- March 4, 2021: The facilities team has updated the proposed building layout.
- March 9, 2021: We've moved all the large items over from the former property to the new one. Thanks to Kim for making that happen so quickly and efficiently!
- March 20, 2021: A team of folks brought over the last of the items from the old building -- thank you to all who participated! The design team met at the new building and selected a color scheme for the office area, as well as did some brainstorming on other ideas. We will prepare the office space for painting in the coming weeks.
- March 21, 2021: The Board reviewed two sign proposals for the new property. The Board elected to contract with an architect to begin the renovation process. Updates were given by Facilities and Design teams. More details can be found in the Meeting Minutes.
- March 31, 2021: We have received a winning bid on the Harry Street property. A closing will be scheduled on or before April 30, 2021.